Saturday, February 23, 2013

Better Day - FINALLY!

*sigh* 
So today was a better day.  I woke up with less pain and little to no nausea.  FINALLY, I think the Methotrexate injection from Monday is starting to wear off.  I seriously hope that it's working.  A lot of women have to get a second injection and I think if I do I will cry.  I have never in my life wanted to see a low hcG number on that lab sheet!!!  

I was also stretched to do something I wouldn't normally do today.  I've been holding on to something worth monetary value that I don't have plans to put to good use in the near future.  I came across a person who was in need of it and I felt I needed to step out in faith and help provide for them.  It's something I didn't plan on giving away but I am glad I am.  I'm so excited to bless someone else in their time of need!  It's a little scary because I may have used it in the future - but I may not.  I know that's extremely vague but I cannot go into detail for privacy reasons.  

All in all, I'm glad to be feeling a little bit better and more like myself.  I'm also excited to be helping other people and seeing the positive response from everyone reading this blog!  Thank you all for reading and please share!  We also have more exciting news to share at a later date - keep following and you will find out later!  :)

Lastly, I read some old posts and realized a few things.  Post D&C last year we never got any answers.  No fetal tissue was found.  I kind of left that out there without ever updating anyone.  Also, we did put the adoption on hold, but we still talk about that as an option in the future.  Right now, we are just focused on getting my hcG down and getting back to baseline.  I also have a skin condition under my left arm called Hidradenitis.  It's a horrible disease that causes my sweat glands to clog and get infected.  It's totally out of my control and when they get infected often times it can cause an abscess.  Since I've had multiple abscesses (3) in the past six months, definitive surgery is being recommended.  And until I can get surgery, I have to be put on suppressive antibiotics.  So all that to say health is the main focus for now.  My hidradenitis is caused from a hormone imbalance.  Another lovely side affect of PCOS.  Again, thank you ovaries.  Love Ash :).  As a little good news, this past IVF I weighed in 16 pounds lighter than the previous IVF.  I still have a ways to go but I'm on the right track as far as that's concerned.  Anyone else who has PCOS knows its very difficult for us to lose weight.  So you know how challenging that was!  ANYWAY- in the mean time Scott and I plan on doing lots of fun stuff together.  Including watching Pitch Perfect for the bajillionth time tonight over some sugar free mint chocolate chip ice cream :).  In moderation of course!  Again, thanks for reading.

Stay tuned,
~Ash

P.S. For those hubbies out there experiencing all this crap (infertility/miscarriages) with their wives - I've asked Scott to write an entry soon so a "guys" perspective in this whole thing is shared and known.  Can't wait to see what he writes!

No comments:

Post a Comment